--username and --password everywhere?

Brian W. Fitzpatrick fitz at red-bean.com
Sun Dec 16 14:06:24 CST 2007

Clearly I missed an email conversation somewhere, but I can't make
sense of why so many commands now take all these auth options, eg:

add

+  --parents                : add intermediate parents
+  --username ARG           : specify a username ARG
+  --password ARG           : specify a password ARG
+  --no-auth-cache          : do not cache authentication tokens
+  --non-interactive        : do no interactive prompting

Can someone please take mercy on me and fill me in as to when svn add
needs auth?

Thanks,

-Fitz