Review of Chapter 4: Branching and Merging

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Sat Feb 24 15:06:28 CST 2007

I'm confused;  this chapter has had '-r' running through it for years and years.

What exactly is our policy on options again?  I keep losing track, it
seems like it changes.

I seem to recall that first we used a mixture of short and long forms,
then went super-militant and decided to ban all short forms
completely.  Then later, we backed off and found a middle ground where
we decided that we'd use long forms when talking about option names
within paragraphs of text, but console examples could still be free to
use short-form.

Am I remembering incorrectly?  At the moment, I see a mixture of short
and long options within examples throughout the whole book (including
your chapter, fitz!)