Thoughts on Chapter 8

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Sat Feb 24 16:16:15 CST 2007

Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Looks really good.  I only have one nit and one complaint:
>
> Nit: in "Repository Access Layer", the svn --version is *ancient*.
> Can we update that a bit?

Heheh.  Sure thing.

> Complaint: The section "Inside the Working Copy Administrative Area"
> feels really weird after the code samples.  After we discussed the
> client lib, I really wanted to see *something* about the wc lib, but
> we jumped right into the code samples, and then at the very end we
> have a mention of the admin area.  I think it could be a lot clearer
> if we went:
>
> -...
> -client lib
> -wc lib
> -wc admin area
> - code samples
> -fin
>
> Anyway, awesome stuff.

Thanks for the feedback.  You're spot-on with the placement of the WC
stuff.  Great suggestion!

(By the way, I'm really really hoping that you and Ben have both
reviewed both 5 and 8 at some point before my kids go to bed tonight.
I'd like to wrap up my deliverables tonight.)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton