Proposal: move svnbook svn repository to Google Code

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Aug 15 00:17:37 CDT 2008

Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Full disclosure: I'm the engineering manager for Google Code, and Ben
> is the Tech Lead.
>
> Based on the load on red-bean.com and myriad other issues with that
> machine, I'd like to propose that we:
>
> - Move our Subversion repository to Google Code
> - Start using Google Code's issue tracker instead of trac, which has
> some issues with submissions from non-registered folks (cmpilato can
> expound upon this).

+1.

And the Trac problem is that we've had to disable anonymous access to avoid
spammers.  So, you can't even file a ticket until Max or I have added your
username and password to some htpasswd file on the box.

> That's pretty much it.  What do you guys think?

I'd like also to move our dev discussion(s) to Google Groups, and just have
svnbook-dev at red-bean.com forward to the appropriate discussion.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
  been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton