German translation (Was: Re: [de] Wrong link in German version of http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Wed May 7 07:01:46 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:03:40AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 08:08:05AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > Probably I can later submit some patches ...
> >
> > Funny: The German translation of "error" contains a little typo
> > on this page:
> > Please replace " fehler " by " Fehler ".
>
> The attached patch fixes this (but not the link) together with some
> other minor stuff, mostly missing commas. Please apply.
>
> I will try to send more corrections once this patch is applied.

nothing happened until now. Can someone please commit it? It is just a
first test patch :-)

Maybe I could also get write access? I'm a experienced Open Source
translator and translate also Subversion and Subclipse, know DocBook
XML (at least a little bit, I prefer SGML). I would probably not have
time to translate but could fix typos (did so already in many hundred
projects) and work on the infrastructure.

I would also like to get feedback about the team. Who translates, where
are the rules (New German Orthography) ...?

> Maybe it would also be a good idea to convert the XML files into
> PO files via po4a to ease translators work. But I probably have to
> read the archives first ...

I'm at least now subscribed ...

Jens