CM policy for for svnbook 1.5 translations

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Wed Sep 17 08:57:28 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 03:36:30PM +0200, Jens M. Felderhoff wrote:
> The English version of the SVN book 1.5 is finalized and tagged.
> However, translations are still in progress.
>
> Should the translations for 1.5 continue on language-specific branches
> or should there be a seamless transition to 1.6?

Using PO files it would be trivial to support multiple versions of the
book. This would of course require more strings to be translated but it
is no problem of the infrastructure.

That is what I suggested the Russian team yesterday, their translation is
based on an even older version and updating XML files would be a really
pain ...

Jens