Using svnbook tools and stylesheets for another project?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Feb 4 12:35:31 CST 2009

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Leif Madsen
> <leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org> wrote:
>> I'm wondering what the process is for utilizing the infrastructure you've
>> built, whether it makes sense to use it outside of the subversion book, and
>> whether that is a request that has been made before, and is generally an OK
>> thing to do?
>
> You should absolutely use our process, I promise it's not patented or
> anything.  :-)

Yay! :)

> The instructions are right in our svn source tree:
> http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/source/browse/trunk/src/en/README

Great! I had been reading through that some, but didn't notice anything that
said it could be used for other projects. Perhaps that isn't something that is
very popular, but I generally assumed that since the project was available via
SVN anonymously, that it was all open sourced.

> I recommend you checkout the trunk/ directory of our repository, and
> try building the svnbook yourself using those instructions.  If you
> have problems, ask us questions.  Copy whatever tools and processes
> you wish.

Great! Hopefully it's straight forward enough that I can make out on my own.

Thanks for the warm response! :)

Leif Madsen.
http://www.asteriskdocs.org