Translation citizenship -- tree reorg needed?

Dongsheng Song dongsheng.song at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:30:12 CST 2009

2009/2/2 Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net>:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 08:50:17AM +0800, Dongsheng Song wrote:
>> What about xml2po ? We could do something like this:
>
> I asked already about PO support (via po4a which is very good!) and
> provided also a patch (see the list archive). It was more or less ignored and
> nobody seems interested.

I worked a mix build environment[1], translators can choose use po or xml
freely:
% make
  make html         [LINGUA=en|de|zh|...]
  make html-single  [LINGUA=en|de|zh|...]
  make pdf          [LINGUA=en|de|zh|...]
  make validate     [LINGUA=en|de|zh|...] # always before commit!
  make tidypo       [LINGUA=zh|...]       # always before commit!
  make updatepo     [LINGUA=zh|...]       # update po files.
  make stat         # print statistics about po files.
  make all          # make html & pdf output of all languages.
  make clean        # Remove the build files.

This controlled by PO_LANGUAGES and DBK_LANGUAGES, for example,
zh use po, en and de use xml:

PO_LANGUAGES := zh
DBK_LANGUAGES := en de

So I think our tree structure look like this:
www/
trunk/
    tools/
    stylesheets/*.xsl
    stylesheets/zh/*.xsl
    en/
    nb/
    it/
    es/
    ru/
    po/zh.po
    po/xx.po

branches/1.5/
    tools/
    stylesheets/*.xsl
    stylesheets/zh/*.xsl
    en/
    nb/
    it/
    es/
    ru/
    po/zh.po
    po/xx.po

Here is the build examples[2]:

http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-en-r3408.pdf
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-en-r3408.html.tgz
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-en-r3408.html-single.tgz

http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-de-r3418.pdf
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-de-r3418.html.tgz
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-de-r3418.html-single.tgz

http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-zh-r1157.pdf
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-zh-r1157.html.tgz
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-zh-r1157.html-single.tgz

[1] http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/svnbook-ng/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/i18n-zh/downloads/list

PS: Because xml2po and po4a not compatible, thereby zh have much fuzzy
strings.

Both po4a and fop use trunk.

Mobipocket E-book:
  http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/files/svnbook-en-r3408.prc