Issue 41 in svnbook: Inconsistent links from subcommand help to reference chapter

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Mar 31 10:51:52 CDT 2009

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 41 by quinntay... at mac.com: Inconsistent links from subcommand
help to reference chapter
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=41

trunk/src/en/book/ch02-basic-usage.xml

Lines 887-888

The xref outputs as "svn status" in plain text, but with a link to a
description of the svn status
command in Chapter 9. I expected to see "svn help status" in bold
monospace, as"svn help update"
appears on line 494. It would be nice if both read "svn help ___" and
linked to the relevant section in
Chapter 9 with an <xref> tag. (svn.ref.svn.c.status and
svn.ref.svn.c.update respectively.) This way,
anyone reading printed copy will know what to type at the command line, and
online readers who
happen to click the link will jump to the correct section.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with DocBook, so I don't have a patch.