Chinese translation of svnbook

Dongsheng Song dongsheng.song at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:15:25 CDT 2009

2009/3/31 C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>:
> Dongsheng Song wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm the subversion translator 'cauchy', I think our translation[1] of svnbook
>> can be merge to the official repo., any suggestion ?
>>
>> [1] http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/svnbook/
>> [2] http://groups.google.com/group/l10n-zh
>> [3] http://code.google.com/p/i18n-zh/downloads/list?q=label:svnbook
>
> I agree.  What's the best way to do this?  Do you want to merge all your
> project history, or just top-skim the latest?  Is your goal to maintain the
> translation from now on as part of the svnbook project?  Do you want to move
> the downloads of your translation to the svnbook.red-bean.com server?

I'm not care my project history, so I'll only merge the latest.

We maintain the svnbook project since 2007, but we have frustrate for best
way to do this. We try several method, now we feel po4a is the right way.

Because google code can not give me a permanence name for the latest
downloads, I'm very interested in move the downloads to the
svnbook.red-bean.com server, but I don't known how to do this.

We require the edge version po4a, fop for pdf format, docbook-xsl for
epub format.

> I've added you as a Project Member on the svnbook Google Code project.  We
> already have a trunk/src/zh directory, but I've no idea about its status.

Thanks, but could you use songdongsheng at live.cn as subversion repo. ?

As I said, since 2007, we maintain it in i18n-zh for research new way. We
are tired for sync source with our translation, It's odious and difficult.