Issue 27 in svnbook: 1.6 change: '--set-depth exclude' support

svnbook at svnbook at
Tue Nov 17 20:44:21 CST 2009

Comment #3 on issue 27 by pipping.elias: 1.6 change: '--set-depth exclude'

 From my understanding, it is not possible to do something like

   $ svn checkout --depth empty [..] <dir>
   $ cd <dir>
   $ svn up --set-depth exclude <nasty_dir>

rather, one first has to check something out before it can be excluded
which means it
has to be downloaded at least once. It also looks like one can't set the
without using `svn up` -- otherwise I suppose one could set the depth to
first and set it to exclude for <nasty_dir> afterwards when actually

You might want to make the above aspects very clear, assuming they reflect
the truth,
since I perceived finding the above out as very frustrating.