Issue 61 in svnbook: Some/Most svn clients do not recognize Thawte as a trusted certificate authority

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Sep 17 11:15:48 CDT 2009

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 61 by yasmina: Some/Most svn clients do not recognize Thawte as a
trusted certificate authority
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=61

I have a svn server and have my users do  svn over https. I used to have a
self-signed certificate but
svn clients (various Turtoise, macos...., most are under 1.5 now) were
bugging the users about it so
I bought a Thawte cert for my web server but the clients still say it is
not from a trusted authority. I
have too many users using different clients to tell them how to manually
add the CA for thawte on
their machine. Is it something you guys can do so people developing SVN
clients will have the CA
built-in? Thanks! --Yasmina