Concurrent Release Branch Development

G. Eric Babcock gericbab at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 23:06:26 CST 2010

We consistently work concurrently on multiple Release Branches (Chapter 4.
Branching and Merging).  A big problem is the failure to 'forward fit' changes
from older release branches into newer release branches.  I read how we could
manually 'remember' and merge older release branches into newer release branches
- but we need to systematically ensure this is done, or in rare cases
consciously not done.  I suppose there is a corollary condition of removing
changes from newer release branches when they are reverted from older branches,
or ensuring there was a conscious decision to to not remove them.

Is there any discussion on how to manage this with subversion?