merging example

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Mar 25 20:03:22 CDT 2011

On 03/25/2011 04:03 PM, Chris Johnk wrote:
> I will figure out how to file it, and do so.

Oops!  Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

> Our subversion server is 1.5.1.
>
> Here's some more background information: the trunk had a long,
> complicated revision history before the branch was even created. For
> both 1.5.1 and 1.6.16, this is the first information that comes back
> on attempting the merge without the revision specified:
>
> --- Merging r36 through r2166 into '.':
>
> This was attempting to merge trunk into a branch that was created at r2163.

Was the branch created in the recommended way -- as an 'svn copy' of the
trunk?  In other words, does the branch in fact share common history with
the trunk?  If not, then that explains what's going on here.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/