suggestion for 'Write through proxying' chapter

Philippe Weltz philippe.weltz at
Tue Apr 3 08:57:56 CDT 2012

Concerning the setup "write through proxying"

I'd suggest you add a word about the benefit of setting the apache server
config: 'KeepAlive On'
The svnsync process can saves a lot of latency thanks to this on a slow WAN.

I have such a setup between France and Singapore with a bad WAN and it
doubled SVNSYNC performance by saving on the latency due to all connection
establishment ( TCP SYN+SYN ACK,  SSL handshake etc.)

BTW the information in the svnbook were very helpful to me for this setup.
Thanks and keep up the good work!