suggestion for 'Write through proxying' chapter

Stefan Sperling stsp at elego.de
Wed Apr 4 09:16:47 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 09:57:56AM -0400, Philippe Weltz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Concerning the setup "write through proxying"
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn-book.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.extra.writethruproxy
>
> I'd suggest you add a word about the benefit of setting the apache server
> config: 'KeepAlive On'
> The svnsync process can saves a lot of latency thanks to this on a slow WAN.
>
> I have such a setup between France and Singapore with a bad WAN and it
> doubled SVNSYNC performance by saving on the latency due to all connection
> establishment ( TCP SYN+SYN ACK,  SSL handshake etc.)
>

> BTW the information in the svnbook were very helpful to me for this setup.
> Thanks and keep up the good work!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Philippe

Hi Philippe,

have you considered checking out the book's source code and sending
us a patch ('svn diff' output) which implements your suggestion?
That would be great help.
See the "Feedback/Contributing" section on http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

See http://svnbook.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/en/README for instructions
about compiling your own book from source. This assumes a Linux or
other Unix-like system is being used, however. I don't know how to
build the book on e.g. Windows so I can't help in that case.

http://svnbook.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/en/HACKING has some stylistic
notes. But if you don't have much time you can just send the change
to this list for review and we'll check any style issues for you.

If you don't have time to write a patch please open an issue in the
issue tracker at http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/list for
your suggestion so we can keep track of its status there.

Thanks!