Ads at red-bean

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue Jul 24 12:30:44 CDT 2012

Hrm.  I'm not sure where you've been lately, Pavel, but we've had ads on
svnbook.red-bean.com and embedded in the English version of the hosted
book's text since 2005.  Your opinion that that's unacceptable is duly and
publicly noted, despite its having been offered without any supporting
arguments.  It is, however, ultimately unlikely to change our current
policy.  See, hosting the book and its compiled forms puts non-negligible
strain on our (shared) hosting server, and the revenues harvested from the
ads help to offset those costs.  Fortunately for you, the book has a free
license, so you can post it a completely-ad-free copy of it on your own
server if you wish!