Most Current Subversion Book For Kindle

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Thu May 31 11:10:27 CDT 2012

2012/5/31 C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>:
> I've attached an epub cut from the latest version of the Subversion 1.7
> version of the book.  You (and others reading this) can have this at no
> charge.  I only ask that you let me know if it works in your Kindle reader
> (and if you had to do anything special to make it do so).
>
> If you confirm that the file works as expected -- I've never tried it myself
> -- I'll consider adding that file format to the list of ones we generate
> nightly and post online (which would of course be available for folks to
> download for free).

It works, but it is displayed not optimal. I have a Sony reader which
supports epub natively and get a very large margin on the left and
right side where I expect nothing. So only 30% of the readers width is
used.

In some boxes there is a linebreak after every second word.

The content and the picture display nevertheless well. You can test
yourself with software such as calibre (cross platform, free).

Jens