Warning icon

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Aug 7 10:00:33 CDT 2013

On 08/07/2013 04:19 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> A <warning> box renders with a "No entry" sign:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.basic.in-action.html#svn.basic.svn-repositories.not-working-copy
>
> I'm not sure that's a good choice; it might lead a reader to skip the
> paragraph altogether.  I would suggest this instead (it's in the public
> domain):
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Caution_sign_used_on_roads_pn.svg#filehistory

Seriously, a reader skipping a section of a book altogether, as if it's
commonplace for authors to write text to be read by ... no one?
Appreciate the thought, Daniel, but this is a such a non-issue that I
can't believe I'm even typing a response.  Alas, I've gone and typed it
now.  Might as well send it.  (After all, why type something intended to
be read by no one?)