Issue 186 in svnbook: Make references stand alone.

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Tue Feb 12 10:12:47 CST 2013

Owner: cmpilato
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 186 by cmpilato: Make references stand alone.
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=186

I've always wanted to be able to "package" just the reference sections of
the book as a standalone deliverable.  At a high level, this is easily done
with a secondary "book.xml" wrapper that only pulls in the reference
chapters.  Unfortunately, our "complete" reference makes backreferences to
material in the rest of the book nearly 50 times.  I'd like to see the
reference chapters carry enough information to not require such
cross-references.

In fairness, I think this task depends on the book's index not being anemic.