SVN bad behaviour makes what is written in the book wrong.

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Feb 27 14:18:29 CST 2013

The problem is that you're reading an ancient version of the book, which
predates some important UI changes we made to 'svn copy' (and other
subcommands).  The correct command (which is shown in this more up-to-date
version of the book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.html#svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.resurrect)
would instead be:

    svn cp http://localhost:8090/repos/path/to/file@1042 .