[svnbook] r4314 committed - For issue 5 ("Document svnmucc"), add a section to Chapter 3 about...

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Jan 16 07:13:27 CST 2013

On 01/16/2013 12:37 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> svnbook at googlecode.com wrote on Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 00:26:42 +0000:
>> Revision: 4314
>> Author:   cmpilato at gmail.com
>> Date:     Tue Jan 15 16:26:34 2013
>> Log:      For issue 5 ("Document svnmucc"), add a section to Chapter 3 about
>> working-copy-less operations, and use it to introduce svnmucc.  Then,
>> stub out a section in the Chapter 9 Reference to cover this tool in
>> detail.
>>
>> * en/book/ch03-advanced-topics.xml
>>   (svn.advanced.working-without-a-wc): New section.
> Should this section mention the race conditions inherent to
> working on URLs (with either svn or svnmucc) --- i.e., the option to
> specify the edit's base revision explicitly?

I hadn't yet decided whether to put that into this section or into the
reference matter.  Since I (intentionally) didn't go into details on the
relevant subcommands (put, propset[f], propdel), it seemed odd to mention
the race condition here.  But then again, the race is the very reason why
'svn' doesn't offer this functionality itself, so maybe it bears spelling
out here and repeating in the reference chapter.  What do you think?