Issue 190 in svnbook: Incorrect statement in svnsync command-line reference (?)

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Wed Mar 20 07:26:03 CDT 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 190 by pavel.ly... at visualsvn.com: Incorrect statement in svnsync
command-line reference (?)
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=190

In the SVNBook's trunk [1] and in SVNBook 1.7 [2] I see a mistake.

This following is incorrect because "http-library=serf" has nothing to do
with autoprops:

[[
For example, to temporarily disable the use of the automatic property
setting feature, use --config-option=servers:global:http-library=serf.
]]

Should be:

[[
For example, to use serf network library instead of neon library, use
--config-option=servers:global:http-library=serf.
]]

I suppose that the mistake occurred due to copy-paste from [3] (or some
other SVNBook chapter maybe) where it says:

[[
For example, to temporarily disable the use of the automatic property
setting feature, use --config-option=config:miscellany:enable-auto-props=no.
]]

[1]:
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/source/browse/trunk/en/book/ref-svnsync.xml
[2]: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svnsync.html
[3]: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.html

Attachments:
	CONFSPEC-ref-svnsync.xml.patch  726 bytes