Issue 225 in svnbook: Commit fails: svn: E155011: File 'file' is out of date but I have the nevest version

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Wed Dec 10 06:49:05 CST 2014

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 225 by M.Forme... at gmail.com: Commit fails: svn: E155011:
File 'file' is out of date but I have the nevest version
https://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=225

Hello,

there are some files that I cannot commit, I have no conflicts and the
newest version of files, everything looks fine but commit fails.
So theoretically everything is fine, I can update and send new files to
repository but I cannot commit changes on few files. Those are ASCII files
but they have unity3d expansions like '.prefab'.

When I try to commit via Eclipse (svn on Eclipse works perfectly fine on
other projects):
commit -m "update" /path/folder with spaces/file1.file /path/folder with
spaces/file2.file /path/folder with spaces/file3.file
     Sending        /path/folder with spaces/file1.file
     Sending        /path/folder with spaces/file2.file
     Sending        /path/folder with spaces/file3.file
     Transmitting file data ...
     svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
     svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E155011: File '/path/folder with spaces/file1.file' is out of date
     svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E155011: File '/path/folder with spaces/file1.file' is out of date

When I try to use console to commit my changes:

$ svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 24.

$ svn status
M    path/folder with spaces/file1.file
M    path/folder with spaces/file2.file
M    path/folder with spaces/file3.file

$ svn ci
Transmitting file data ..svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E155011: File '/path/folder with spaces/file.file' is out of date
svn: E160013: File not found: transaction '24-1p',
path '/path/folder%20with%20spaces/file.file'
svn: E155011: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn: E155011:    '/path/svn-commit.tmp'

$ svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 24.

I have absolutely no idea why it is out of date, for others it works fine,
it seems that it happens only to me.  So this file is not "out of date", I
have the newest version.

Best regards,
Michał