Farewell to Google Code ... now where?

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Thu Mar 19 10:41:10 CDT 2015

On 03/17/2015 04:38 PM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> On 03/17/2015 04:11 PM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
>> It's been a while since I used SourceForge.net ... does anybody have any
>> opinions about that platform?
> Just for kicks, I initiated an import from Google Code to SourceForge.net:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/svnbook/
>
> The process has already brought over the issues and wiki.  Looking good
> so far.

So, I ran into snags in trying to clone the project repository.  Google
Code couldn't seem to maintain a working service long enough for the
svnsync to complete.  I had at least four failed attempts to import the
repository, all failing at different points.

But I gotta say, the service I got from the SourceForge.net folks was
stellar.  They babysat the import process until it completed, and
expressed clear interest in winning the right to be our project's new
home.  So anyway, at https://sourceforge.net/projects/svnbook/, there's
a copy of our project goodies.  At the moment, write access to the
repository is disabled for everyone but myself, but obviously if we
decide to go live with this I'll change that.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>