thank you for the Subversion book; and a question about future plans

Pavel Lyalyakin pavel.lyalyakin at visualsvn.com
Tue Jan 5 10:55:05 CST 2016

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:07 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I'd love to update the book to 1.9.  (Heck, I'd love to finish the 1.8
> version...)  Unfortunately, these days I have only rather small chunks of
> time to devote to the task.  I'd certainly be willing to review patch
> submissions en route to adding more committers, though, if you're interested
> in the writing task yourself.

The task of describing new features and changes of Subversion 1.9[1]
is on my todo list. I.e. I'm going to look through the release notes
of SVN 1.9 and update SVNBook 1.9 as soon as we make a branch for it.

However, as far as I understand we are not going to make SVNBook 1.9
branch until version 1.8 of the book will be 100% ready. IMHO, SVNBook
1.8 is mostly ready but still missing description of some important
changes like deprecation of BDB repository backend and new in-repo
authz feature[2]. I guess that I have to make SVNBook 1.8 update task
a priority and finally finish it.

[1]: https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.9.html
[2]: https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html

--