[svnbook] r5242 committed - branches/1.8/vi/book/ch01-fundamental-concepts. xml

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Nov 30 09:17:28 CST 2016

The &svn.version; entity (as well as &svn.l10n_revision; and &svn.date;) is
defined in a file that the build process creates named "version.xml".  This
file is supposed to be created automatically as a dependency of the various
main 'make' commands ('make all-html', 'make pdf', etc.), but you can
manually trigger the creation of this file using 'make version'.  Now that
you've worked out some of the kinks of the build system, you might also
consider doing 'make clean' first and then 'make all-html' again to see if
things go better this time around.

-- Mike