[PATCH] mention stable path names for examples in the HACKING file
olh at suse.de
Sat May 21 03:53:52 CDT 2005
I will send patches once we agree on the final location.
Most installations on UNIX systems will probably be on Linux systems:
Make all path names used in examples consistent when writing new code.
--prefix= is /usr for most subversion installations.
/srv holds the repository data.
It is mentioned in the Linux FHS at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
This location leads typically to vi/emacs like discussions.
@@ -47,6 +47,11 @@ Subversion Guide
- Primary server machine/URL: svn.red-bean.com
+- All path names used in examples:
+ executable binaries are in /usr/bin
+ repository base path is /srv/svn/repos
+ repository path for HTTP URLs is http://svn.red-bean.com/repos
@@ -22,10 +22,6 @@ To be fixed by someone:
has been fixed that broke it and potentially update the
example to use it instead.
- - we seem to inconsistently assume repositories live either in
- /usr/local/svn/ or /usr/local/repositories/ throughout the book.
- We ought to consistify to /var/svn.
- Chapter 8 Section 1.1 "Repository Layer" documents the pre-FSFS state
More information about the svnbook-dev